In the 1930s, on a suggestion made by Rev. Fr. Guegen, the Parish Priest of St. Mary’s Church, Bambalapitiya at the time, the Association was inaugurated and was called the “Past Pupils” and not the “Old Girls’ Association” and so it remains to this day.
The Association was inaugurated on 17th March 1934 (St. Patrick’s Day). Rev. Mother Gonzaga, Superior of the Convent, was the first President, Rev. Mother Mary of Jesus, was the Vice President, Mrs. Hazel Goonetilleke, served as the first Secretary while Mother Antoinette was appointed as the first Treasurer. At the inception, there were only 20 members in the entire Association.
In 1933, when the chapel was built, the magnificent Carrara marble altar was a gift from the past pupils at that time, and another past pupil donated the tabernacle.
In 1948, Mrs. Consie Abeywardene was elected as the first ‘lay’ President of the Association. Many dynamic presidents have given leadership to the Association over the years and most of them have organized many successful fund raisers viz carnivals, bazaars, charity dinners, exhibitions, coffee mornings, coffee evenings, dances, dramas, musical shows, raffle draws, fashion shows and familian walks in aid of supporting the school and the association members.
In 1993, seats for the current school Auditorium were donated by the PPA from the profits of the first “Familian Walk”. Substantial contributions were made by the PPA for the upgrading of the home science room, primary and college libraries and science laboratories, in addition to many other donations and assistance during past years.